Brian F. Henry
I received my formal photographic education from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania where I earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography, and later attended SALT Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, Maine, where I honed my story telling skills into a fine art.
I consider my approach to photography to be passive. I prefer to be quiet and non-disruptive, allowing me to go unnoticed and providing the opportunity to capture real moments as they happen. I believe in the honesty of a true photojournalistic moment as well as understand the history and importance of formal portraiture.
I am a proud member of the Wedding Photojournalists Association and National Press Photographers Association.
- Emmy Nomination by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for my film work while working for the Tribune-Review.
- National Press Photographers Association "2014 Best of Photojournalism" contest,
- 2014 Pictures of the Year International
- 2015 and 2014 Northern Short Course in Photojournalism, Pennsylvania Newspaper Association, the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors
- International award winning wedding photographer by Wedding Photojournalist Association.